Wednesday, September 04, 2013

IWSG September

It is time once again for the Insecure Writer's Support Group hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh. Once a month writers connected by little more than the Word Wide Web come together to share their insecurities and encourage others.

Before I get into my insecurities and what not I'd like to take a minute to share with you my writing stats from August, then share some of my goals for September. I don't know how appropriate it is to share my stats during IWSG but at least this month I will.

August Stats:
Total words written in August: 22,982
Days written: 21 out of 31
Average daily word count: 741

September goals:
Write at least 21 out of the 30 days
Write 23,000 words total
Finish witchborn. (hope of hopes!)

Please share your own progress that you have made for the month of August in the comments, as well as any goals. That way we can celebrate together the progress we have made, and goals are always  good to share so that others can keep you accountable.

So what are my insecurities this month? That I have spent the last month chasing the muse. See I have gotten a good amount of words, I wrote on days when I didn't feel inspired. I wrote by dragging up words like a soot sprite at work in the furnace of Kamajii (Spirited Away). So I wonder about the progress I've made and wondered what everything will look like when I have to edit and rewrite. often I find myself writing a scene looked over it and thought, "hmmm, I Don't know if that will actually work, I may have to delete it latter, it might work somewhere else, but it will probably go." Sometimes I shrug these thoughts off, other times I feel discouraged.

I still think it will all come out in the wash and we will just have to see what it looks like after I get to the end, which with any luck maybe as early as September 23 *fingers crossed*any way I would love to hear about what you are insecure about, what encourages you, what you accomplished in August and what your goals are for September. Good luck and till next time

God Speed and Open Roads

No comments: