Tuesday, November 06, 2012

NanoWriMo Sneak Peek one

Today I offer to you a sneak peek of what I'm working on this week:
 
"But how will we get out of the house?" asked Zel
"I was thinking out the window." Thea pulled the sheet off the bed and went to the entrance room, she then grabbed her bag out of the breakfast nook. Just as she was opening the window to start belaying down the knotted sheets, the door opened. Thea froze.
"Thea are you awake still?" Said Billy as he came in the room. He saw thea standing fully clothed next to an open window. "So you are awake." He paused, "What are you doing?"
"What does it look like I am doing?" Asked Thea, I'm leaving."
"You don't have to, father might..."
"No, I'm not entering any sort of discussions with Thom," she said getting down. "Do you understand what he did? He..."
"Thea," Billy stopped her, "I get it, and if you are worried about what Thom will do, then I have an alternative."
"what?'
"Ummm." Billy patted his pockets then pulled out a little black box and then went down on one knee, "You could ummm. marry me." he opened the box with a beautiful rose gold ring with three rubies set in it.
Thea looked at him shocked and then at the ring, "You can't be serious,"
"I am," he said, "I've thought it through and it would work out well for both of us. You would be safe, and my parents would approve of the match. " he smiled his mischievous smile, and added, "It's not like it was never suggested."
Thea stepped back, "If you are referring to the kiss.."
"Our first."
"It was a dare, and we were kids."
Billy stood, he took the ring out of the box and offered it once more to her, "Thea we could make it work."
"But." Thea said slowly, “What about Sheol? I can't abandon him, and you know how I feel about Sailing through the cosmos, I could never give up that life."
Billy shrugged and put the ring back in it's box, "I had to try," The box went back in his pocket, "Well if you want to get out of here quickly without my father finding out, you should probably come with me."
"Why?"  
Billy took her bag, "Because Father doesn't have every entrance and exit guarded, otherwise Dove would be in a lot of trouble right now."

No comments: