Wednesday, October 24, 2012

writing writing writing....

Now that I have decided what I am going to be writing or NanoWriMo, thanks to those of you who commented on my distress. I am getting myself more and more acclimated to the task at hand. The mountainous gargantuan task at hand. *shutter* Yeah it's scary, yeah it's ice capped rugged pikes, yeah it's probably filled with monsters, and yeah we may never be heard from again. What am I waiting for?

Affirmation, my own confidence to come out of hiding, (why is it every time my confidence goes hiding under the bed and refuses to come out.) and maybe the alot to come out of hiding. yes I mostly joke, or maybe I don't, have you ever seen an Alot? I want to see an Alot they must be fascinating,  much like the snark but not as deadly.

So here is the plan (pulls confidence out from under the bed) because a plan is attainable. I have the day mostly off from work so this afternoon I will be locking myself in a study room with a whiteboard (I like whiteboards for the same reason I like the poem possibility by Shell Silverstein.) and figuring this out. I must make a map to get through this adventure so I can make it to my destination by tea time. (what time is tea time again?)

We Have a Series- StarSoul or Animus Stellea or this might take it Cluefinders hmmm must thing about his more-in it will be six books. the hope is to get a good start for book one. The chances of these books being 50,000 words is very slim I am working in a world that is vastly different than the one we live in. but 50,000 words will be a good start on a first draft. or maybe I will just go insane. either works. It will be an adventure that is for sure, and I am all about having adventures. they will probably each be more like 500,000 words... okay I hope not I'd like to leave that territory for Patrick Rufus.


And you know what would be a good place to start, a place for you patient reader to help? me figure out a title for this blasted book. I need something that will speak to the fact that the plot driving character of this book is motivated by revenge. think about revenge more in the vain of The Count of Monte Cristo rather than Hamlet or Batman.  I could really use something that will convey the tension between revenge and forgiveness. in doing some research of sorts I'm leaning towards Sunset Heather, or Sunset Hedder (I hae an affinity to the old spellings of words.) maybe one november comes I'll unpack the reasoning behind that name unless I hear something better.

Anyway till next time God Speed and Open Roads

1 comment:

Ink in the Book said...

I'm rooting for you! I'll be writing next month, too, just not with NaNo - officially.
It gets me excited to write, though, because I feel the adrenaline pumping!

From one excited pen to anther, good luck:)