Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Writing thoughts

I'm not sure what to write about today. I started to write about a conversation I had about YA as a genre, but I'm not sure what to say about it. You know it's hard to say well this is what I think of YA and not run the risk of pissing people off. Because while I see the value of it, it's not my cup of tea. Sometimes I feel bad about it. I can't get excited about it. People will give me YA fiction to read and most the time I think man that doesn't sound like fun I'd rather read something else. I've been tring to convince myself to read the Hunger Games trilogy and it just doesn't work.

And I feel bad about it really, particularly because most of my writer friends that I have met through the internet are YA writers. Like I should be more into what they are all into. but I'm not. I don't find it aesthetically pleasing and I don't like reliving my teenage years (the whole time I was counting down to graduation when I could finally escape that prison.)

hu, I'm not sure what my point was going to be. well I guess I can say that I don't like YA in general, I want to be supportive of those YA Authors I have meet online as they go through their writing endeavors. I just sometimes feel a little alone on my (adult) Fantasy island.

PS: Particularly when I hear people talk about YA like it is the genre that matters.

Okay that is enough moping from me for now. till next time God Speed and Open Roads.

No comments: