Friday, October 19, 2012

Author's Note: New Beginnings

The story New Beginnings had it's start sitting in my friend's living room as we got ready to start a new DND game. There we introduced each other to our characters and decide how our characters met and started to adventure together.  It became very clear that our characters were going to be a very different group then the last game we played. as the Game Master commented "I'm going to be lucky if any of your characters good." someone came up with the idea that the characters got together because they were the only ones left standing after a huge riot. Oh it makes it a very interesting game.

Novalee is the character I play in the game. she came out of my desire to play a character who was tiny and always hungry, I also liked the idea of her being a runaway temple prostitute. I had thought it could be a temple like the one to Aphrodite but the game master decided that it had to be an evil temple therefore it became the Temple of Asmodeus. 

The last stage in the forming of this story was thanks to Darcy Cole who months ago decided to have a flash fiction contest. you can find my entry here. the story was very incomplete because of the word count limitations, there were people who said hey I want to know what else is going on. So there is was, a reason to write something and publish it on my blog. Something that I didn't have to worry about just publishing for free here. 

Now that New Beginnings is done I have one more post, (unless there is need to do a question and answer post as well.) then because I've been lazy I don't have another story ready so I will be taking a bit of time off from these posts. 

till next time God Speed and Open Roads.

PS: if you had any questions about the Story please post them here in the comments

No comments: