Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Buccaneer Blogfest 2: more about me


so today is day 2 of  the Buccaneer blogfest, and surprise surprise it is another blog about me. isn't that awesome? (sorry you can't see it but this is my sarcasm face not my serious face.) but really today's prompt question is: Why you did you start blogging? What are your goals for your blog?


So let me think, well I was Shanghaied into blogging really. Yep the perfect story for our pirety themed blog fest right? I all started back in 2005 when I was still in college and wonderful sweet friend introduced me to all the things you could do on the inter-webs. forums were the big thing. but then she showed me blogs and convinced me to start one. there was no grand plan no this is what I will talk about but rather hey look it is a new toy I wonder how it works. Sense then my blog has taken many different turns covered many different topics and gone through many different looks. It will probably change again. But it has become that place where some of my idea's spill out. some times they don't make sense, some times they are masquerading around as pieces art, and other times they are just useless information that some how has found it's way lodged into the recesses of my brain generally which are generally reserved for quotes from The Princess Bride, storing old episodes of the Mickey Mouse Club (Back when Annette Funicello was on it. oh gosh I remember how pissed I was when I found out they were making a new Mickey Mouse Club and it was going to be in color! the nerve! Oh and I watched those as reruns I'm old but not that old), and every lyric from every musical performance I ever did. (Yes everything from Hansel and Gretel where I was a wally bird, to the Christmas one about the bugs where i was a butterfly, to Anything Goes, to Asbury life I remember them all.)

Oh yeah so about my goals for my little corner of the internet. well I am thinking about adding a Vlog about once a month but I can't seem to get what I want to happen in that quite right, plus I need a better place to record it and well it is just going to take some more percolating. other then that, well hopefully on the day after thanksgiving I will have finished Ashes and Snowflakes because I am planing on publishing it here. plus (and Jessa you will be glad to hear this) there is a second story I am hoping to publish here about a little half-elf bard called Novalee. 

Okay I am feeling silly so if I get, um we'll say seven of you people who are participating in this crazy shindig ask I will post my first Vlog which will basically be me singing the Mickey Mouse Club March.  Is anyone else feeling that silly? 

anyway till next time God Speed your journey along open roads. 


(PS don't forget to check out all the other cool people who are participating in this shindig.)


4 comments:

Gwen Gardner said...

LOL - I used to love the Mickey Mouse Club and of course the beach movies with Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon. Such an innocent time:) And wow, you've been on here a long time! Good for you. Looking forward to blogfesting with you. New Follower:)

Sharon Bayliss said...

You may have one of the longest running blogs in the fest! I'd love to see you signing Mickey Mouse Club. :)

Anonymous said...

Vlogs can be really entertaining to watch. I look forward to following your blog. :)

Attwood Collected Works said...

Randy Attwood here from Getting Attwood Published checking and looking forward to following the blogfest!