Monday, December 05, 2011

Simple Woman Daybook 22




For Today: December 9, 2011 For more day books
Outside my window... Sun's not out yet, and it apears to be raining again. 

I am thinking... how facebook and Google Plus games are too addictive. I went for a long time not playing any and I was happy now I am addicted to two.   

I am thankful...That the ballet Performance is over. I couldn't believe how much talent there is int he Wilmore Christian Ballet Company. those girls are amazing and I can't wait to work with them again next term.

In the kitchen... Dishes that need to be put away.

I am wearing... Green and Sea green Striped pants, a sea green camisole and my brown knit jacket. all under the Penguin blanket.

I am creating... Knitting: The cowl is cast on and it seems to be going just fine. I'll talk more about this tomorrow   Drawing: none hopefully that will change before next Tuesday.  Writing: well it being December I am focusing on editing my nano novel. it seems to be going fine, I keep discovering things that I need to think more about. Like I need to get the history of this town figured out, and I still need to figure out the system of magic. I think I am going to medieval cosmology, and also an ancient idea of wilderness-being a place of demons and madness. 

I am going...Well I might go to work it depends on if there is work to be done. 

I am wondering...How interesting it is that we have to think that our current location in history is the most intelligent time of and that anything before was stupid and backward.

I am reading...I finished The Fools Errand By Robin Hobbs and I can't wait to get my hands on the next part of that trilogy The Golden Fool. The Silmarillian By Tolkien, The Allpro By Scott Sigler, Shape Shifters by, S. Lawrence Parrish. and I have started The Inheritance by Chrisopher Paolini. So far so good. already he is bringing up how the people are having problems with the idea that the elves are coming out of hiding and seem to be conquering thier cities and villages. 

I am hoping... to get thank-yous out. I've started sending them out but there are some that I don't have addresses for. and I keep running out of stamps. Maybe I will get Christmas decorations up today. That would be nice. 

I am looking forward to...High mass, this week we are going to celebrate the feast of St. Nicholas. which is also Kindersda which is the dutch holiday when Santa Clause comes and gives them presents. I love this holiday it was an awesome holiday when i was living in Suriname (former Dutch Guiana) 

I am hearing... very little it is a quiet morning, a while ago there was a massive amount of traffic but it seems to have quieted down. 

One of my favorite things... Ballet. it is beautiful. I am not sure where I stand on the use of liturgical dance in Sunday services but I do know that the beauty of it defiantly calls me to praise God for his creation. Also, because I am currently reading the Silmarillian, the ballet that Hannah and Isaiah did during the recital protion of the performance kept making me thing about the romance of Thingol and Melian. it was so beautiful and I think someone should write a ballet about the Simarilion. or at least about Thingol and Melian and about Beron and Luthian. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Ballet party, maybe i still haven't decided if i am going, Bible study, and we might be playing games at the jones' on Thursday, and high mass. there really isn't anything else that i know of happening this week. 

No comments: