Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Writing, Life, and happiness

Lately I have been in a very strange flux of depression and hope; laughter and tears. At the crux of it all has been my writing cureer. This year I have been at differing places. Some times wanting to sit with a bottle of Blue Moon despairing that I will. Be stuck in mu dead end undeniable job forever, and never become a writer. The other times I'm excited introducing my self as a writer who hasn't made the breack yet.

Today while listening to Writing Excusses I felt challenged, excited, hopeful. As I drove to Starbucks for my hour long coffee breack I though okay it is time to get serious.

The problem is I don't know where to start. I have stories. I have ideas. I have a supportive husband. How can I get myself motivated to actually be serious? I've tried reward systems, carving out time, some how my attention and motivation always wane. I'm not the greatest with setting goals and my todo lists always end up bigger then I can handel. So here I go again planning to be serious get stuff done and tring to ignore that little voice in the back of my mind that says it will all be the same as last time, and the time before that, and the time before that.

No comments: