Saturday, April 02, 2011

Looking back on March

March was a long month.  at least for me.

Around the House. we still aren't completely unpacked, and are still missing a few things but several of my friends have said that they weren't moved in for several months.  well I hope April at least leads to us being able to have friends over for games again.  and I would like to have my art desk put back together.   but the kitchen is done, I will hopefully post pictures of it when i do my next simple women's diary.

Out of the Notebook. Interestingly enough my writing has been doing okay.  I am working on the story that I 'did' for NaNoWriMo. I am on weeks 29-33 according to The Weekend Novelist which I started using as a guide.  this means that i am working on the rough draft of act one.  Exercise 9: Prepare back stories. This means that I have been looking over motivation for what the characters are going to do and what they have been up to before they appear in my story.  it has been fun, most of these characters have been around sense my second year of college and it is fun to see how they are finally coming together to actually make a cohesive story.  whether it ever gets published who knows.  Sadly though the story that I have been working on in hopes of actually publishing her on the blog, well I haven't been doing so well. I finished week 33 and decided that instead of moving on to writing the rough draft of the second act I would just flesh out the first act. and while that has been good, I think I only wrote 2 scenes this month, so I still have 9 more scenes to go before I start the second act. lastly on writing in march i have begun a new story idea.  I really can't say much yet however it will be about good heroic paladin knights, evil dictators, and a barbarian princess.

 On the Needles: I have three projects that I am working on. 1.  My first sweater which I cast on in March and on Monday past had to tack out the sleeves because i made them too small. oops, but all is righted and I should have them reknit in no time.  2. My white lace shrug which was supposed to get done before my wedding.  Yeah that didn't happen but I really didn't stress about it, it's half way done and I plan to start working on it again soon. probably when I finish my sweater. 3. a wrap skirt for ballet class.  this one is weird just because I am making up the pattern as I go.

From the Sketch Pad: I am Drawing again. yeah! despite the fact that my art desk is still in it's box and most of my art supplies are still packed I have actually begun drawing.  I have a general sketch for a Charactor named Jeal.  She is a water/acid elemental Sword Mage in a fantasy world a friend of mine is writing about.  I really hope that this will turn into a colored drawing just because I have had this in my head for some time and now it is becoming real.  I also have started working on the Cross Icon for my church.  it has been hard to work on it but recently I got a key to the church and i go over then after work to draw it.  it is still in the drawing phase but I am hopeful it will be done soon.

In the Blog-a-sphere: Here I am very happy, I went from posting hardly at all to posting much closer to my goal.  I've also been doing some organizing. So it looks like I haven't quite given up on blogging yet.

Goals for April: Around the house I hope to get the living room finished, the bed room finished, and my name legally changed.  As far as the rest of the world is concerned I am still Gloria Cole.  but very soon I will be Gloria Sigountos. Just like I always knew I would I married a man with a very complected, long, and non-English name. Oh well.
Out of the Notebook My goal is to finish fleshing out act one of Ashes and Snowflakes which I hope to publish on my blog come December, and finish mapping out The Rescue my NaNoWriMo novel.
On the Needles I hope to finish my sweater, get working on my shrug again, and plain start my Christmas/birthday gift knitting.  If anyone of my family members has something they would like me to knit them please let me know.
From the Sketch Book, well the main goal is to get the Icon done before Easter, and that is all I plain to focus on here.
In the Blog-a-Sphere I hope to be blogging three times a week, we will see if that happens. It could be fun and I have a lot of ideas for future posts.

No comments: