Thursday, March 13, 2008

station 4 Jesus condembed to die

Jesus is condemned to death. His death warrant is signed, and who signed it but I, when I committed my first mortal sins? My first mortal sins, when I fell away from the state of grace into which Thou didst place me by baptism; these it was that were Thy death warrant, O Lord. The innocent suffered for the guilty. Those sins of mine were the voices which cried out, "Let Him be crucified."
That willingness and delight of heart with which I committed them was the consent which Pilate gave to this clamorous multitude. And the hardness of heart which followed upon them, my disgust, my despair, my proud impatience, my obstinate resolve to sin on, the love of sin which took possession of me--what were these contrary and impetuous feelings but the blows and the blasphemies with which the fierce soldiers and the po

pulace received Thee, thus carrying out the sentence which Pilate had pronounced?

“Answering again, Pilate said to them ‘then what shall I don with him whom you call the King of the Jews?’ they shouted back, ‘crucify him!’ but Pilate said to them, ‘why what evil has he done?’ but they shouted all them more, ‘crucify him!’ wishing to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabas for them and after having Jesus scourged, he handed him over to be crucified.
Mark 15:12-15

No comments: