Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Bridge to tarabitha

I had been looking forward to seeing this movie because i really enjoyed the book. sadly becasue i had heard some negative things about the movie i desided not to go see it in theaters. Man I wish i had.

after watching the movie i was riminded of my own tarabithia. I lived in a trailer park till i was 12 and then my parents moved to a 47 acear plot of land. I was excited and knew that it would be a place for adventures and where i could let my imagenation run free without having to worry about the strange looks from neighbors.

I shared my tarabithia with two causins. together we sailed the mississippi river, fought guaints, went on quests, were knights, princeses, Musketeers, and even our favorit tall tale heroes. wheather it was hidding up in Atrau's look out, or having make belive tea in the emerald castel, or Hidding in sharewood forest we always had fun. we where the rulers of our very own kingdom that molded to what ever book we had resently read and wanted to live.

it was there that i began to create the worlds that I now write. in the long walks alone in the silents of trees and srubes I entered a new place that only existes for those who know how to look.

ps go to Cursed to see Sketch.

3 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

I have not seen the movie, but enjoyed the book. It was a favourite of the preteen than I lived with on my internship, so I gave it a quick read. I laughed, I cried, it moved me, Bob :)

Queen Creek Chaffee's said...

My kids love the movie, but I must be honest I did not enjoy the movie at all. The book was much better in this case.

Elizabeth said...

I never read the book but liked the movie. I can relate to the making up places, my dear friend and I had adventures in our own little world.